John Wick: Chapter 4, A Stellar Sequel

It’s no surprise that Keanu Reeves has blown us away once again. Ranking No.1 in the box office during the last weekend of March, John Wick: Chapter 4’s stellar actors, stunning effects, and shocking plot should have made it close to a billion dollars. Chapter 4 stands at a shocking $351.3M in the box office. This seems like a decent amount considering the film already had an over $100M budget, so this film should definitely not be considered a box office flop. Just because a movie performed so well at the theaters, doesn’t mean movie-goers all enjoyed the film. But we’re going to give you a plot summary analysis, and The Blue & White will see just for ourselves just how good John Wick: Chapter 4 was. This might be obvious, but there will be spoilers ahead.

Everyone that’s seen the last three John Wick films knows the story: we meet retired hitman John Wick, played by Keanu Reeves, and he’s grieving the recent loss of his wife. When a group of thugs break into his home, steal his car, and kill his beloved dog, which was a final gift from his wife, and John Wick is thrust back into the violent world he left behind. He hunts down the man responsible for this and ends up getting himself in a cat-and-mouse chase with the world’s most dangerous assassins. He soon finds himself forced to honor a blood oath he made to a fellow assassin. He goes from Rome to New York City, where he faces the most deadly killers in the world. He’s declared “excommunicado” by The High Table, forcing him to go on the run. Trying to find a way to clear his name, he reunites with old allies and makes some new enemies.

Now, we’ve arrived at John Wick: Chapter 4. John Wick discovers a way to defeat The High Table, but before he can earn his freedom from The High Table however, he must face off against the world’s deadliest killers, and the ambiguous ending of the film where John Wick seemingly dies in the third round of a duel against Caine, a fan-favorite scene of the film, leaves the audience with more questions than answers. This possibly hints at another John Wick sequel depending on whether or not Wick survived. So what did people think of the film? Rotten Tomatoes gives it a mindblowing 94% and it got 8.2 out of 10 on IMDB.

But what do the students of Apopka High School think of the film? Junior Julianna Peña really enjoyed it. “I like how it added onto what the other movies created.” Julianna says she was given high expectations from the last three films and that this one delivered. She also comments on how much she enjoyed Keanu Reeves’ performance. Sophomore Shane Moody tells us, “Keanu Reeves performance in the new movie was immaculate. I think he is an amazing actor.”

In general, there isn’t much to complain about when it comes to the John Wick series, and John Wick: Chapter 4 was certainly not a disappointment. With great reviews both from the internet and Apopka High School students taken into consideration, The Blue & White gives the film a 90%. The film had great performances, great action, and a great plot, and you can’t ask for much more than that. If you haven’t seen John Wick: Chapter 4 yet, or any of the Wick films for that matter, what are you even doing?