Support Your Court

Before you vote for your Homecoming King and Queen, take a look at our Homecoming royalty. This year’s court members are Ashley Ramos, Carly Durand, Jacey Bowman, Karina Mireles, Mariah Urbaez, Nathalia Melendez, Nicole Lee, Sharren Henry, Anthony DeVita, Antonio Ferguson, Jacob Meyerer, Kevin Beltran, Nevin Prussing, Phillip DeVita, Tai Rae, and Zaire Warner.

Queen Nominees

Ashley Ramos

What inspired you to run for Homecoming court?

My best friend was the one who motivated me to run. She told me it was possible when I did and also last year‘s Homecoming Queen Jennifer really inspired me.

Why should people vote for you?

I think people should vote for me because I am a very kind-hearted person: I love to be positive and uplift people. I think I am a very good representation of the school.

What are your hopes for Homecoming?

Honestly, I just can’t wait to reunite with my closest friends and see how everything is set up that night.

Carly Durand

I just wanted to have a great senior year so I thought it’d be really fun if I made it on the court.

Why should people vote for you?

I’m just really excited to be on the court, so you don’t have to vote for me, but for anyone that does, I really appreciate it. I think it’ll be cool to win.

What excites you the most about Homecoming? 

I’m most excited to dance with my friends in the mosh pit.

Jacey Bowman

I thought it would be a fun silly thing to do with my boyfriend since this is our last year of high school.

Why should people vote for you?

Throughout my 4 years at Apopka High School, I’ve joined multiple clubs, joined the swim team, and even became a member of SCC this year. I’ve met so many amazing people that can honestly say I’ve grown into a better person. I’d like to believe this is how I made the court in the first place.

Just knowing that the school is trying really hard to throw an amazing Homecoming for everyone. I think this will be a great last Homecoming.

Karina Mireles

I wanted to be more involved with school this year since it was my last year and I figured I’d just run for Homecoming Queen.

Why should people vote for you?

I’m so grateful I even got nominated, I don’t even want to ask for more.

Walking down the football field during Homecoming halftime; I feel like that’s an amazing experience and I feel honored because it’s a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

Mariah Urbaez

I thought it would be fun. [I want to] make many cherished memories for after I graduate. 

Why should people vote for you?

I mean they don’t have to. I’m really grateful that I even made it this far. And it makes me happy being on the court.

What are your hopes for Homecoming?

I just want to have a good time, get to dress cute, and make nice, fun memories.

Nathalia Melendez

What honestly inspired me to run for Homecoming court was to bring more light to minorities and show how you can become anything you truly put your mind to.

Why should people vote for you?

The amazing experience it brings and honestly fulfilling my high school dream. 

The relief of picking out the perfect dress, enjoying myself, and just honestly having a really good time.

Nicole Lee

So I’d be able to experience Friday Night Lights in a different way. I absolutely loved cheering every Friday night, but I’m beyond excited to be able to watch the boys in blue in the stands with my friends.

Why should people vote for you?

I’m a well-rounded student. I’m really involved in the school with cheerleading, lacrosse, Beta, and SGA. Overall it’d be amazing to look back to, years from now, and know I really did represent a Blue Darter in my Senior year.

What excites me the most for Homecoming is everything that leads up to HOCO. Our HOCO week, picking out my dress, and honestly just getting to spend time with my friends one last time for Senior year.

Sharren Henry

I know quite a lot of people and I thought I’d just run for the fun of it to see if I’d actually get it.

Why should people vote for you?

I have a lot of school pride and school spirit. You can see me every Friday wearing blue and white and I participate in all the spirit weekdays.

What are your hopes for Homecoming?

I’m really excited for the Homecoming spirit week and I’m looking forward to the music at Homecoming.

King Nominees

Anthony DeVita

It’s just one of those things I want to look back on and be like, “That’s a really cool thing that I did.” If I win that would be really great.

Why should people vote for you?

Well, I think I do a good representation of all the Blue Darters here. I think that would look good.

What are your hopes for Homecoming?

I just want to have a good time with all my friends.

Antonio Ferguson

I wanted to prove to people that it wasn’t just a popularity contest, you know. It’s something that you can put your mind to and win.

Why should people vote for you?

I think I represent what a Blue Darter is. I’m a very intelligent, funny, and outgoing person and I love to make new friends.

What are your hopes for Homecoming?

I hope it is a very memorable night and just have fun, that’s it.

Jacob Meyerer

Passed friends doing it in years passed inspired me.

Why should people vote for you?

Because I feel like I represent Apopka in a good way and I would show Darter pride through being a King.

What are your hopes for Homecoming?

That it’s a fun time for all grade levels. It’s a great break from school and everything. [I hope] everyone has a great time.

Kevin Beltran

To be honest, I just wanted to be able to wear my Spiderman costume. And that was a good enough excuse.

Why should people vote for you?

Who doesn’t like Spiderman, ya feel me?

What are your hopes for Homecoming?

Have a good time, dance. It’s my last year; enjoy it while I still can.

Nevin Prussing

I hadn’t given it much thought at first, but I remember seeing everyone posting “Vote for___!” so I decided to do my own spin when it came to campaigning. I was making edits and ridiculous videos that were directed toward my audience. I never expected the videos to get as much attention as they did, but it made me happy when people would come up to me to tell me my videos made them laugh. 

Why should people vote for you?

Popularity plays a significant role in who gets on and wins court. I’m not the typical person you’d usually see on HOCO court. I could sit here and ramble on and on about the differences between my competitors and me. However, one thing I have observed that I’d like to note for my audience is the two types of people on HOCO court; those who earned the spot and those who were given it from day one. I am not writing this to attack those who run next to me but to state the differences. Everyone on the court has an equal opportunity to win King and Queen, and I respect my competitors. I think people should vote for me because I feel I represent the school. Though I might not serve representation of a specific group of people, I feel like I am representative of all groups as a whole. I have a lot of pride in my school and the people that go to my school. Not only that, I feel like I can relate to many people who attend this school. I’m not the type who can lay out a list describing “why you should vote for me,” but I know I have the qualities most people seek. 

What are your hopes for Homecoming?

I can not wait to see everyone having a great time. Whether it’s your first year at Apopka or your last, I think Homecoming night will be memorable for many. I can’t wait to see people share such a special moment with their significant other. I believe making memories with the ones you’re closest with is the most important thing about high school. I can’t wait to see the new and the old relationships celebrate such a significant night. I thank those who spent so much time planning Homecoming ’22, and I can not wait to see you guys there.

Phillip DeVita

I thought it would be a really cool thing to do; Senior year you know. Cool experience. It would be really fun.

Why should people vote for you?

Being Homecoming King would be cool.

What are your hopes for Homecoming?

I just hope it’s a really fun time. A good way to start Senior year.

Tai Rae

I thought, “It’s my Senior year, might as well try and run. See if I can at least get on the court.” I’m trying to win.

Why should people vote for you?

You know, I’m the tallest person in the school, I think that earns me some points. I’m a great football player, probably the best on the field at all times. I’m just an all-around great guy.

What are your hopes for Homecoming?

I hope it’s a great fun time for everyone. I hope I win, but if I don’t, it’s going to be okay.

Zaire Warner

I just said why not. I ain’t got nothing to lose.

Why should people vote for you?

No shots fired, but I’m the best barber in Apopka High School, and why not.

What are your hopes for Homecoming?

To be Homecoming King so you should vote for me and Sharren Henry.